Today I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my fellow blogger William from Two Weeks from Everywhere. I’m a little shocked but honoured to be nominated! So, here we go with the responses to the questions asked!
As I read Two Weeks from Everywhere’s submission for his nomination I learned a bit about what the Liebster Award is all about!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers … and is a sneaky way to get to know the person behind the blog.
How did I get nominated??
Well, here are the rules for the award:
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
S0, here’s my response to 11 facts about myself
- I live in Ontario, Canada with my mom
- My birthday is September 27 and I usually spend the entire Summer prior to it planning something extravagant
- I graduated from Humber College in 2010 and currently attend York University
- I’m absolutely terrified of raccoons! I scream like a little girl when I see them
- My dream profession is becoming a teacher but due to the over-saturation of the field I was forced to take a different career path
- I have 3 cats
- I work at Chapters Indigo and I can literally say it feeds into my reading addiction
- I prefer overcast days to sunny days
- I have an obsession with painting my nails, I absolutely love nail art!
- I’m an awesome baker, I bake all kinds of cupcakes and other sweet treats
- My favourite colour is green!
Anddd, my answers to Two Weeks from Everywhere questions!
Here are the eleven questions I would like you to answer:
- What is your favourite book of all time? This is totally the hardest question ever to answer! So, top 3! The Time Traveler’s Wife, Atonement and A Thousand Splendid Suns.
- Can you read with noise going on or must you have complete silence? I used to be picky and had to read in silence, I almost always read in my bedroom. I take public transit and now I read while I wait for the bus.
- Do you have a problem letting go of a book, even if it was one you didn’t particularly like? I had big issues after I read the Hunger Games trilogy. I didn’t like the ending to Mockingjay but I’m sure I’m not the only one. Also, for YA Book Club we read The Eleventh Plague and that book did not sit well with me! Ugh..
- What are your main interests outside of reading? I love baking, blogging, knitting and doing genealogy research
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Definitely Star Wars!!
- Who is your favourite author? James Dashner! He writes the Maze Runner trilogy. Can’t wait for The Kill Order, out in August!
- Coffee or tea? I’m definitely a tea lover!
- Do you ever listen to audio books? If not, why not? I haven’t listened to audio books before. I find I’m the type of learner that needs to read it myself rather than listen.
- Where is your favourite place to read? This is probably weird, but I love to read on the bus.
- Do you own an e-reader? If not, why not? I own a Kobo and a Playbook w/ a Kobo app on it. I still read LOTS of books and occasionally read off the Kobo.
- Do you always finish a book, regardless of whether you like it or not? I’ll put the book down and go back to it eventually. I usually do finish it, regardless how hard it is.
My nominations (For some nom’s I wasn’t sure what their follower count was at):
My Questions For My Nominees!:
- What’s your favourite book?
- What’s your least favourite book?
- Have you met any authors?
- Do you own an e-reader? If not, will you make the switch to e-reading?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- What is your favourite childhood book?
- Do you have a favourite genre you like to read?
- Sunrise or Sunset?
- Favourite pass time, other than reading?
- What’s your favourite day of the week?
- Finally, two men walk into a bar.. ?
THANK YOU TO TWO WEEKS FROM EVERYWHERE FOR THE NOMINATION! MUCH LOVE IS BEING SENT TO YOU! ❤